Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Season of laughter....

One thing I can say about my family is that we certainly have been blessed with the gift of laughter. If you know me very well you have heard me refer to the "season of life" we are in...often. Now I know why when I ask my mom things about when we were little and she can't remember it's because she blocked it out! This season of my life is hard, I'm not going to lie, it's tough. I've never been so tired emotionally, physically or mentally in my entire life. But I know for certain that when I look back I will remember how much I laughed in the midst of it all.

There are many times I am so frustrated with a situation but I know in the back of my mind that I am always going to remember these times and I hope and pray we will sit around my dinner table and laugh until we cry just like me and my brother do at my mom's house.

Just for example, I always come up with what I think will be fun, traditional things to do with the kids like carving pumpkins. So I buy this cute little carving kit from Target bring it home tell the kids all about it and everyone's pumped for Kircher family pumpkin carving!! Woo-hoo this will be fun...not so much. First off, my boys won't even attempt to gut the pumpkins. In Jackson's own words "that's okay mommy you can have my pumpkin." Then we break out the stencil and we can barely figure out how to tape the things on the pumpkins!!! Geez! Anyway, we finally got the pumpkins carved. I'm sure my kids probably won't remember our first pumpkin carving but they will some day (oh yes, we will continue to do it). I just hope they will look back and laugh as much as I did!!
They did not want any part of cleaning out the pumpkins.


Guess who got to do it....


Can't you tell how excited Patrick is about my idea, tee-hee!


Not too bad for our first pumpkins! Patrick and Jackson did this one.


Ace and I carved this one.

Here's to the first annual Kircher family pumpkin carving. WOO-HOO!

1 comment:

  1. Good job!! We use the same stencil kit and I get a pumpkin for each girl and Pat cleans them out. I had to carve the skeleton one and you are right, it's NOT easy!

    ReplyDelete