Thursday, October 29, 2009

Identity...

This topic has been on my mind a lot lately...identity. In one of our first small group meetings at church our leaders asked if we have a family identity. Most of us had very similar things we felt that our family identity was. From then on I've been thinking about my individual identity and trying to define what it was. For the past 4 years I've been pregnant or just had a baby so the "old" me was very hard to remember. When I would think about who I was, what is my identity, I would come up with I'm a mom. For some reason I kept thinking that I need to be so much more than "just" that. I know I have many more layers than I give myself credit but I am a mother just as God created me to be. It is the most important thing I could be and I'm so proud that I have 3 beautiful children who do call me mommy. I embrace my mommy identity and I'm grateful that God has chosen and trusted me and Patrick with His beautiful children!

Anderson loves nothing more than to be outside!

Jackson the funny man.

Our sweet baby Chandler. She's sooo smoochable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment