Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Gift

It's so easy to get caught up in the craziness of Christmas and forget the reason we are celebrating. I'm not one to get on a soap box but as a mother I want most of all for my children to understand fully what this season is all about. I want my kids to celebrate the birth of our Savior and King and rejoice in the gift of everlasting life that was given to us. I will admit that when I became a mother I more deeply understood that gift. To love your child the way a mother does is beyond words. I didn't know that I could love someone to the core of my being like I do those precious babies. And to know that our Savior loves them even more is incomprehensible. We have been given the ultimate gift.. a precious, innocent baby was sent to save us all. HE was tested, ridiculed, beaten and then crucified for us. I think of Mary watching her sweet baby grow and what HE went through during HIS life and then ultimately watching her son crucified. It's unimaginable what was given for us, sinners. I pray that my children will understand and appreciate the depths of this gift.

Every Christmas I think back to the day my babies were born. Each were such an amazing gift from God!


Jackson


Anderson



Chandler



"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

No comments:

Post a Comment